1. Apply your base colour. I used Turned Up Turquoise from China Glaze.
2. Using a large dotting tool, make 5 dots at the top of the nail, ensuring they follow a pattern.
3. Using a slightly smaller dotting tool, make three dots.
4. Using another smaller dotting tool, make 5 more dots.
5. Finally, using the smallest dotting tool you have, make 3 dots. Your final design should come to a point towards the cuticle (dots should form a triangle).
Here are the dotting tools I used. A pin stuck into a pencil eraser makes a great large dotter. A pen tip is good for a medium size. And mechanical pencils and flossers are good for tiny dots. Tooth picks work really well too.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's tutorial.